Thursday 12 May 2011

Mumprenuers

So today I attended a Mumprenuers Masterclass Seminar run by the delightful Penny from Sshh Mummys on the Phone.  Three very inspiring ladies spoke including Sunny Mummy herself Stacey Sullivan, Peekaboo magazine publisher, Bianca and Nikki from Styling You.

Apart from gaining some much needed motivation and walking out with a smile on my face, the main advice I took away from today was that:

1.  You must not compare yourself to your competitiors - I am who I am and I can't keep looking at other event planners/stylists that are already successfully in the public eye and think 'I could never do that'.  Nikki from Styling You really summed it up by saying 'You are who you are, don't shy away from it'.  I think the marketplace is big enough for all kinds of businesses and its important to stay positive and continue on your own path instead of dreaming and comparing yourself to someone elses journey.

2.  Play Nice - At the end of the day, us Mummys are all here to do what we love, enjoy what we do and hopefully at the end of it all, make a little extra cash on the side to buy some shoes.  It's important to connect to similar minded Mums in this world whom we can rely on and talk with to stay positive.

A lovely lady I met at the masterclass was Naomi from Seven Cherubs.  Seven children and a very dedicated blogger, what a women.....i'm so inspired by what she achieves and will be closely following her blog from now on!

So after a very positive day with these amazing ladies, I am now preparing for my son's birthday party tomorrow.  I'm busily icing cakes, wrapping presents, adding ribbon and creating styling accessories.....just how I like it.................................


Here's a gorgeous little party in light of such a 'sunny' day!  Source: Amy Atlas

1 comment:

  1. It was a great morning and the talks were awesome! So glad to have met you and thanks for the sweet mention in your blog post. Looking forward to seeing where your business ideas take you and if you ever want me to do a shout out on my blog let me know. Hope to meet up again some time. Naomi xx

    ReplyDelete